Gabem umbrella company options
Gabem offers two contractual options as an umbrella company. Whichever you choose, we’ll take care of your day to day employment administration, including tax and expenses. Both options mean less paperwork, less hassle and more money in your pocket from your reclaimed expenses. Both options comply with the regulations. This is the main difference between them:
- Gabem Classic Umbrella Company Option when you want to preserve your right to equal pay after 12 weeks in accordance with the Agency Workers Regulations
- Gabem Derogated when you are willing to give up your rights to equal pay after 12 weeks in return for the right to benefit from 50% pay in between assignments.
Why work through Gabem Umbrella?
Benefits of working through Gabem Umbrella
- You become an employee of Gabem Management Limited and are entitled to full statutory employment rights
- You retain your independence as a contractor in the UK
- Comprehensive Employers Liability, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance (if needed) are included
- You get tax relief on expenses, and we process your expense forms and receipts
- Access to a Stakeholder Pension and the benefit of NI savings that come from using it
- We raise your invoices, process your payroll and chase payments you’re owed if necessary
- We deduct PAYE and your NIC and send them to HMRC so your tax situation is always up to date
- We send you a free text message when we transfer a payment to your account
- We send your payment by same-day payments, so it arrives by close of business on the day we send it
- We produce and send out all your end-of-year documents
- Gabem aims to be the safest and most compliant umbrella company in the industry
- Contact our experienced, friendly team by phone, text, email or fax.
No Hidden Costs
- £22 per week
- Personal Accident Insurance is advisable, and only costs £2.75 per week
- You can also take advantage of our 24-hour accident insurance for only an
Gabem Classic option
As a Gabem Classic employee, after 12 weeks doing the same job with a hirer, you have the right to the same pay and other basic terms and conditions as the hirer’s permanent staff doing the same job as you. This includes the same holiday pay and access to onsite facilities like canteen and car park. You will not be entitled to pension rights, occupational sickness or maternity rights with your end-client.
Gabem Derogated option
As a Gabem Derogated employee, you have the right to the same basic terms and conditions as the hirer’s permanent staff doing the same job as you (after 12 weeks), but you are opting out of the right to equal pay after that period. Instead, you will be entitled to be paid by Gabem (at least 50% of your previous basic pay, and not less than the National Minimum Wage) for a period of not less than 4 weeks when you are not working in between assignments. Also, Gabem will provide you with reasonable assistance in looking for a new assignment in conjunction with your agency.
You still benefit from the same rights as permanent staff to access onsite facilities (such as canteen and car park) as the hirer’s permanent staff.
Download a Gabem UMBRELLA Application Form here, and send the form to us with proof of your ID.